1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

BUG REPORT L188: Select in Guide sometimes goes to DVR Timer page

Discussion in 'Archive' started by It'sMike, Sep 21, 2004.

Does this affect you?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. It'sMike

It'sMike New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    When highlighting a program title and pressing Select, occasionally the DVR timer setup page will appear, rather than just tuning the highlighted program. Repeatedly selecting continues to go to DVR page. Only way to reset is to exit guide and come back.

Boot: 140B
    Flash: F052
    SW: L188HECD-N

MINOR

Probably not a bug: Operator Error - apologies for the misinformation.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Are you talking about trying to select a current program? That's the correct behavior if the program that you're selecting hasn't started yet. To ensure that you tune to the channel, select the channel number on the left side of the guide screen rather than the program itself.

3. It'sMike

It'sMike New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I was pretty certain I had seen this a couple times when attempting to select a current program, but now am thinking I must have been highlighting the next program rather than the current one.

Thanks to Mark and SimpleSimon for educating a new 921 owner!

4. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    You're welcome. I'm going to move this post out of here, as it's probably not a bug.