1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BUG REPORT L284MAJD-N : recording same program, same time, different channel fails (i

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by mikeshlz, Mar 7, 2006.

Have you observed this problem on your system?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. mikeshlz

mikeshlz New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    BUG REPORT L284MAJD-N : recording same program, same time, different channel fails (in L.A metro area)
    Boot Strap Version 1110MAJD
    Software Version L284MAJD-N
    Severity: CRITICAL
    Reported: forums only, no telephone support
    TV: DVI connection to Sony 60XBR

I cannot record the same show, same time in Standard Definition and High Definition, it only picks the first selection and ignores the 2nd. Could be related to the others issues I am having.

I need to do this when I have OTA-HD reception issues, and I want the SD version of the program as a backup.

2. kyoo

kyoo AllStar

Apr 3, 2002
    This, I believe, is as designed. You can manually override it in the Daily Schedule view by selecting the program that gets "skipped" and forcing it to record it. But this only works for that single instance.

I often set up both HD and SD versions to record, giving the HD versions a higher priority. But when two HD OTA channels need access to the single OTA tuner, then the lower HD timer priority loses out. The SD version of that timer then kicks in. It's fairly nice when it works out.

But this usage doesn't help you too much, since you're battling low signal on your OTA tuner. I recommend upgrading your antenna and placement.

3. mikeshlz

mikeshlz New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    I shouldn't have to climb up on my roof to install a UHF antenna for those channels! Dish has plainly announced local HDs, especially for LA area I'm in. When are they available, are they now and I just haven't found them, or is a feature waiting for roll out date?