1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

BUG Report? - No record options screen like the 5xx?

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by rudolpht, Jan 18, 2004.

1. rudolpht

rudolpht AllStar

Nov 6, 2002
    Unlike 5XX PVRs, cannot initiate the recorder to save the remainder of an event, from channel playing, the guide, or the PVR menu. Easy process on other receivers.

On other series get a menu to record indefinitely, to the end of program, etc. On 921 you get "Live" in upper right. Thanks.

SW Version L142HECD-N
    Boot Version 120B
    Flash Version F051

2. Jerry G

Jerry G Icon

Jul 12, 2003
    Tim, maybe I'm not fully understanding what the problem is, but if I'm watching something live and want to record it, I simply press the record button and get a dialog. One of the choices is options and that gives many more choices. If the channel had been tuned from the beginning of the show, the option to record the entire show will be active as it was contained in the buffer. I've never had this fail.

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Same here - I press record while watching what I want to record, and on the bottom of the screen I get a dialog offering the choices to record to the end of the event, and an options choice that lists all of the options that were on the 5xx receivers. If I'm watching an OTA digital channel, I just get the options box, but all of the options are grayed out except for manual user stop. That's because there's no guide data to control stop times.

4. rudolpht

rudolpht AllStar

Nov 6, 2002
    I just am not getting the dialog from a show I am watching, either from the beginning or if I started watching in progress. Will try again. It is buffering fine (can go back & forth) but no dialog to save. Pushing record like on the 508.

Tim

5. rudolpht

rudolpht AllStar

Nov 6, 2002
    OK, kill the thread. Operator error & poorly mapped key on my MX-800. Less choices than the 508, but most of them didn't make sense.

Apologies,
    Tim

6. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Ok, good. Glad it worked out for you.