1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

BUG REPORT: OTA Timers Not Firing, and......

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by jsanders, Jan 30, 2004.

1. jsanders

jsanders Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    I set periodic timers that are not functioning, and I followed the directions of posters with successful OTA timed recording.

Here is what I found to be curious about it. I figured that the timer didn't start recording, so I decided to switch to view an OTA channel. I switched to OTA, channel 5, and I got a black screen. I hit the "up" arrow, which should have switched the channel to channel 7. It didn't, it switched to channel 100. I figured I had an OTA channel lockup which I have had before, which requires deleting all of the channels, two reboots, then re-adding the channels back. When I go to delete the channels I get this message:

"A Recording Session is currently using the Off-Air Tuner.

Please stop the Recording before
    opening the Local Channels Menu."

What do you think?? Maybe the OTA timer really is firing, as we see that blinking clock appear five minutes before. It appears that maybe the timer works, and the problem is that it thinks it is recording, even when it isn't.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I've had this one happen to me as well.