1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bug report: spurious "do you want to delete this?"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by flipptyfloppity, Apr 27, 2008.

1. flipptyfloppity

flipptyfloppity New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Twice now with 0x22b (which is now national release) on my HR20-100, I have been recording and watching the recording in realtime (all the way caught up) and the unit stopped playing and said "do you want to delete this recording?" as if I had reached the end. Even though it had hours to go in both cases.

I think it is caused by interruption of the stream from the satellite. The stream pauses, but my playback continues in realtime and so I actually pass the incoming stream and end up "in the future" and of course there is nothing recorded for the time period which I am now playing at and so it thinks I have reached the end of the recording and asks if I want to delete it.

2. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    flippity - make sure you report this in the issue thread for the HR20-100 for 0x022B:

HR20-100 0x022B - Issues / Discussion

That thread is monitored by DIRECTV and they will see your bug report there.

3. flipptyfloppity

flipptyfloppity New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Thanks. Weird. The threads for older releases are usually locked when the new release comes out. I'll zip this on over there.

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    The thread Drew pointed to is the new one ;) ..