1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Bug Report: Timers change dates/late time

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Cheezmo, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Cheezmo

Cheezmo Legend

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm trying to create a bunch of manual timers for shows I watch on OTA channels.

After creating one, with 0 padding, and on next Tuesday, protected, if I look at the timers list later, I see it suddenly changed to Friday, with 3 minutes end padding?

It looks like every time I go to set the date right, it adds the "3 min. late" padding, and every time I fixt the 3 min. late padding, it sets the date back to Friday!

Here is my test case.

Create a manual record for Sunday on an OTA digital channel, 8-9pm, weekly, no padding, protect.
    Leave the timers menu and come back.
    Note that it now has 3 minutes end padding.
    Edit the 3 back to a 0.
    Now look at it and the date has changed to Friday.
    Now go back in and change the date back to Sunday.
    Note that it again is padded 3 minutes at the end!

It seems I cannot get a timer on the correct day with no end padding, so I have to settle for 3 minutes of padding at the end. (Can the defaults for padding be editted anywhere? I really don't want 1 and 3 minutes default all the time!).

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    That should be fixed in the next release...it is one of the reasons that so many people have had OTA recordings fail.