1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bundle DirecTV with CenturyLink?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dick_w, Nov 20, 2011.

1. dick_w

dick_w Guest

Is there any reason not to bundle DirecTV billing with CenturyLink (nee Qwest)? Would it change how I use DirecTVs web site? How I get support from DirecTV? Anything besides how I pay the bill and how much it is?

2. sdirv

sdirv Icon

Dec 14, 2008
    Only effect would be that you'd be unable to view billing details on the D* site, although you would be able to view billing details over on Centurylink's site.

I bundle my home phone service, my internet services, my DirecTV, and my Verizon cell phone service with Centurylink and have for some time. Major effect is $20 a month in discounts for bundling.....

3. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    CenturyLink offered a $5.00 discount on Choice package if I added Direct to my Century Internet account. Wasn't worth it, so I didn't sign up. I was also concerned about my receiving future "discounts" like I currently receive when talking to Direct CSR's.

4. George_T

George_T Legend

Sep 19, 2002
    Must have worked differently here in Tennessee when I bundled D* with Century Link. I was already a D* customer when Century Link took over my previous phone company (Embarq). I just called D*, told them I was a Century Link customer, and they confirmed through Century Link that I was a customer with them. Then, D* gave me $5/mo off on my bill, no commitments necessary. Still got Sunday Ticket for free this year, and other occasional freebees.

5. mightyb

mightyb Cool Member

Jan 5, 2006
    I've been linked with CenturyLink (Qwest) for years now.
    still able to call DTV and work my "deals" when needed, no problems!

6. Phil T

Phil T Active Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    I have CenturyLink (Qwest) also and have had no issues with the bundle since 2006.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Usually, bundling like that counts as being on autopay for free HD. Might want to check that out us you don't already have it.

8. sdirv

sdirv Icon

Dec 14, 2008
    It has for me.........having my billing bundled has NO effect on any discounts I get through D*, no effect on my services or packages, no effect on contract terms or life.

Besides the $20 a month discount I get from Centurylink (was Qwest) for bundling all my services, I'm also receiving a $10 a month discount form D* (to give me free HD for 2 years). D* has shown that bundling is the same as autopay ( in their eyes).

The only differences I see is that I don't get a bill from D* (it's included on my phone/internet/cell/d* bill), I can't access my bill on D*'s site (although I can access it on C*'s site), and when I call D*......they will do everything for me they did before except talk to me about my bill......that call is transfered to Centurylink.

9. dick_w

dick_w Guest

Sounds like a no-brainer. Thanks for the inputs.

10. bobvick1983

bobvick1983 Godfather

Mar 21, 2007
    NW Alabama
    My CenturyLink discount just shows up on my DirecTv bill as a $5 credit. I still access my DirecTv account online like I always did, and all DirecTv transactions are did through them, not CenturyLink.