1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Busted Hard drive (0x70)??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by prabs99, Aug 22, 2012.

1. prabs99

prabs99 Cool Member

Jun 4, 2005
    My HR23-700 wanted to restart and after that it got stuck on checking satellite settings. I pressed the red button and went in to the advanced diagnostics and ran the hard drive tests and it came back with 0x70. Does this mean I cannot salvage anything from the hard drive? I have 2 spare hard drives, that I can try to copy the programs (I own the receiver). I also have the protection plan. Which option is the best for me? And If I do send it back will I get a "leased" or "owned" receiver?

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    With the PP, owned is replaced with owned. However, if you did that, copying the shows wouldn't work.

3. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Since it's owned I say go ahead and try to copy the drive and see if that fixes it. If not then just get the DVR replaced since you'll be losing the recordings anyway.

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    If you get it replaced, make sure it is listed as "owned". I usually call the Access Card folks a couple days after I activate an owned HR and, most of the time, I have to argue about my ownership of that HR. If I activate it thru the Access Card team, it usually is listed as owned. If a Tech (we actually have a couple of Techs in our area) activates it, it usually comes up as "leased".

Here's the direct number for the Access Card department: 877-887-7994.

Rich

5. prabs99

prabs99 Cool Member

Jun 4, 2005
    The computer wouldn't recognize the drive. Called DTV. They are sending a receiver.

Awesome. Thanks for the direct number.