1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy at BB and get free install?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Chop69, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chop69

Chop69 Legend

Aug 11, 2007
    I want to change an H20 for an HR20. I've only been a subscriber for 2 months, so I can't get a deal (this would be my second HR20.) I have a $50 Best Buy certificate, so I can pick one up there for $250.

My question is I will need a second line run for the HR20. If I buy from Best Buy, can I get D* to run the second line for free like they would if I bought from them?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    ...you can try. Or, call DIRECTV and see if they'll match Best Buy's offer and add free installation.

3. Chop69

Chop69 Legend

Aug 11, 2007
    Well I just called in and they said when I called to activated it they would set up the installation for the second line.

I decided to keep the H20 in a different room, so I am actually adding a receiver rather than changing one, so maybe that makes a difference.

4. Chop69

Chop69 Legend

Aug 11, 2007
    I should have known.

1st rule of DirecTV - Don't call CSR's about CE's :D

2nd rule of DirecTV - Don't believe anything a CSR says.

After I activated the new box, I talk to installations, and they said it would be $50 to run the line, the CSR was pretty helpful and although I had to pay the $50 on my visa, he credited it back off on my bill. All in all not too bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.