1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

C31 clients have issues FF/30 sec skip

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by 330cic, Feb 1, 2013.

1. 330cic

330cic Mentor

Jun 28, 2004
    Getting really frustrated with this setup. 3 service calls, 3 updates and its still not running as it should.

We have one HR34 and two C31 clients. Both clients have the same issues. Clients are on version 70a. I think there is a 70e out there and I assume its newer since E is "bigger" than A ;)

If I bring up the recorded shows on one of the clients, start watching, then use FF or use 30 second skip, it takes forever (sometimes more than the 30 seconds!) and is very unresponsive. Sometimes it just loses a connection or something and goes back to live TV after a minute or so.

It is at the point where I will watch the commercials just so I know I won't start throwing things at the TV.

If this were a normal LAN then I would chalk it up to network traffic but nothing else goes on these wires except DTV.

2. cmalberto

cmalberto AllStar

Jun 15, 2007
    What version is your H34 on? 05d is out for that guy. Not sure how the clients get updated - I am still too knew in this game but to say that my clients are at 70e.

3. vapor21

vapor21 Cool Member

Sep 1, 2012
    The clients get the update from the HR34.