1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

C31 only outputting SD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by paragon, Oct 12, 2012.

1. paragon

paragon Godfather

Nov 15, 2007
    I just had a C31 installed this afternoon and the unit will only output SD. I have changed all of the settings even disabling 480i and 480p and yet it doesn't seem to change anything. Has anybody experienced this or have any ideas of how to fix it? Thanks!

2. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    What software version is the C31 running (you can find out holding the SELECT button on the remote for 10 seconds)? I know during testing that was a bug but it has been corrected in later versions of code.

3. paragon

paragon Godfather

Nov 15, 2007
    It is running 0x6F8, it downloaded shortly the C31 was hooked up.

I was able to get it outputting HD, though its more of a workaround then a fix. I had to disable 480i and 480p outputs and then toggle Native on and back off again.

Thanks for your quick response!

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    So is the problem fixed or does it come back when you turn the c31 off and on?

5. paragon

paragon Godfather

Nov 15, 2007
    It is fixed when turning the C31 off and on normally. I haven't tried power cycling it yet, will do so later tonight.