1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

cable feed connected 6000 ota module

Discussion in 'HDTV Equipment (Closed Forum)' started by nscaletom, Jun 13, 2005.

1. nscaletom

nscaletom New Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Just wondering how a 6000 receiver would treat HD signal coming in from a cable tv line. Should I be able to pickup the HD content or is there something that would prohibit this? Thanks in advance

2. DarrellP

DarrellP Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    I think cable HD uses QAM or whatever they call it, where Dish uses 8psk for HD. You will be able to tune in the analog channels via the coax input if you go into the menu and choose the correct cable setting for your area. I did this once but was not pleased with the results I got.

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
    Close, Dish decodes 8VSB which is sent by broadcasters. If your cable company transmits their HDTV lineup in 8VSB, then it would work. The only problem is that all Cable Companies use QAM instead with very few exceptions.

The 8VSB module will do analog SD channels though, but who wants that?