1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Cable goes out;customers call 911 to complain!!

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by Dude111, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
  2. jamelar

jamelar Cool Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Got to wonder how many satellite customers call 911 during the spring / fall sun outages?
    I D I O T S !

3. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Look at the people who go nuts when a channel goes off air during a carriage dispute when they can't watch a favorite episode of their favorite series.

Enough said.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Those I D I O T S should at least be given a ticket

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

5. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    A few years ago, I heard the 911 audio of a caller who was exasperated because there was nothing worth watching on TV. Could be worse. I think it was Joe Biden's brother or brother in law, who called in to have someone clear out the traffic jam he was stuck in on the Washington, DC beltway.

Back when caller ID was not as prevalent as it is today, I had to identify four new phonelines that were being belatedly installed in a temporaty office that was going to be involved in someone's campaign. I called the non-emergeny number for the local police to see if they could ID my line, and they said that while they didn't have caller ID on their emergency line, they did have it on the 911 line and it was OK for me to call that, so that's how I ID-ed them.

6. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Remember the woman in Port St. Lucie who called 911 because her local McDonald's was out of chicken nuggets?

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Losing satellite signal on a clear sunny day ... could be an alien space ship blocking the signal. Better call 911 to be sure. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Leno has a segment every now and then on just this idiocy.