1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Cable length between PI-29 and SWM16 pwr port

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Wolfmanjohn, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Wolfmanjohn

Wolfmanjohn Cool Member

Aug 8, 2002
    I would like to connect the power out of my PI-29 to the DC/PWR port of my SWM-16. I have read a few statements concerning PI-29 power cable length to other components, but nothing specific about the 16. Is a 1 or 2 foot cable cool, or do I need to observe the longer cable/splitter cautions set forth in the other scenarios?

Thanks in advance for your information, advice, and suggestions; it is greatly appreciated.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Using the PWR connector for the SWiM-16, is similar to using the #3 legacy port on the SWM8. Neither have any minimum distance "because" they don't have RF.
    The line length/splitter use has everything to do with RF.

3. Wolfmanjohn

Wolfmanjohn Cool Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Thanks for the timely response, VOS. Planning to try to "clean up" the Genie install done last month; this also includes ditching the CCK, thus letting the 34 do the internet/WHDVR duties, putting the Genie on the SWM2 port (longest cable run) and the HR21/22/23 on the SWM1 port through a SWS4. We'll see if I've learned anything here.