1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable question

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Calvin386, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    Can I convert the the red, white and yellow RCA jacks on the back of my hopper to coax I order to send signal to a small TV in my gym. I looked on MonoPrice but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

2. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    "Back in the day" (and by that I mean C-band, 10' Big Ugly Dish days), I used to have a device that 'injected' whatever my satellite box was showing onto "Channel 14" and that was distributed through the whole house as if it came from the roof antenna.

Once I went to the Dishplayer 7100, I needed to use a wireless RF repeater since it didn't have an RF remote (it was IR). For a while I used a device that also transmitted the TV signal wirelessly but that didn't work too well.

Though things have gone HD and I no longer need that functionality (I have 2 hoppers and 3 joeys), I *did* find the following devices available on Amazon that might serve your need:

http://www.amazon.com/RF-Link-AVS-5...62657559&sr=8-2&keywords=hd+wireless+repeater

You can buy additional receivers:

http://www.amazon.com/RF-Link-AVS-5813-Wireless-Receiver/dp/B0002EXJ98/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_y

3. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
  4. bjb236

bjb236 Cool Member

May 7, 2005
  5. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    If you already have OTA to the TV, you can 'inject' the modulator output onto that line by using a high frequency 2 way splitter. (The 'common' goes to the TV, the two split ports go to the antenna and the modulator. I have much better results using the high frequency splitters (2400MHz) as combiners than I do with the 900 or 1000 Mhz units)

Set the modulator to air, not cable, and adjust for a channel well away from any OTA in use, and recall the advertised channel # usually isn't the transmit channel anymore.

I like to allow 2 and preferably 3 channels clearance, and I also like being higher than the highest OTA in use if possible.

If you try this with D* HD receiver, you will need a component to composite adapter, around $50 on Monoprice. Works fine lasts a long time.

6. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    Thanks guys...That's exactly what I was looking for.

7. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Get a Joey then you can use the coax output on the Hopper for that 2nd TV.