1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Cable runs for HDTV with TIVO

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Elrond, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    the folks from D* are coming out to install a new elliptical dish in a couple of weeks to allow me to receive local channels.

We have also recently purchased a High Def TV and when the HR10-250 receivers become more widely available, I'll be upgrading to that.

Currently with the old round dish I have two runs of RG6 going to two separate receivers in the house. I'd like to pre-run additional cabling before the installer comes to put in the dish.

My question is, how many independent runs of RG6 will I need from the dish to my primary receiver to fully realize both High Def and TIVO?

thanks,
    Elrond

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Your new dish includes an integrated multiswitch with four outputs. Each DirecTivo, including the HiDef Tivo, wants two cables, one for each of the two tuners. If you have one DirecTivo and one HD DirecTivo, you have just enough outputs.

In addition you might want to run another cable for an over-the-air antenna to receive HiDef DTV channels on your new HR10-250.

Check out the wiring diagrams in the HiDef DirecTivo FAQ here ...
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151443

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.