1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California shoppers already lined up for Black Friday sales

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Joe Spears, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Joe Spears

Joe Spears Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Dec 24, 2010
    California shoppers already lined up for Black Friday sales

[YOUTUBEHD]SW365HaNtms[/YOUTUBEHD]

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Some people are just plain stupid, nuts or crazy, or both! :scratch:

Unfortunately, that's not limited to the land of fruits and nuts

3. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    With most people working their butts off to support their families, these people have a week to stand in line for high priced electronics. What is wrong with that picture.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Well, they might be using vacation days. If they want to use vacation days to stand in line, that's up to them.

5. steinmeg

steinmeg Legend

Nov 23, 2006
    What a bunch of crazy people in this world we live in...On one side of the US people are trying to get rid of 5feet of water in their homes, and on the other side of the counry you have crazy, nutsy people now bunking out to make sure they get their piece of ecelctronic equipment that they have there sights on....

6. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Cite 'em for Loitering.

7. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    I scratch my head at these types of people and also the people who wait outside the theaters before a big movie release. I would feel real silly asking my boss to take a week off to sit in line. Maybe for a video game release, and even then I would be honest and say, "I'm staying home just to enjoy a video game."

8. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Maybe I am in an unusual position, but I just request vacation, don't have to say why. Sometimes she'll ask if I'm going anywhere fun, but that's about it. As long as I ask far enough beforehand and have the time available from my vacation time, it's approved.

9. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Add to the crazy lines the fact that big box stores (Walmart, Target, Toys 'R Us) are going to start their sales Thanksgiving evening. This is just plain nuts.

10. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I've only gone out once on Black Friday and it was because my in-laws (who fit your description perfectly) were at my house for the weekend. I went to a BB where I saw no "bargains". I asked a manager I knew if they had chopped any prices and he told me, "a few", and that they had all disappeared quickly. What they unloaded as bargains were a bunch of electronics nobody was buying.

But the line for the cash registers was four people wide and wrapped completely around the store. All those people were paying the same prices for stuff they could have bought before Thanksgiving. Asked the manager about that (we had spent a lot of time on LL baseball together and I knew him well), and his reply? "Nuts, they're all nuts."

Rich

11. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    My time is worth more then that, I would not wait a week for a free 55 inch HDTV.
    I would not wait a day.

12. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  13. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    *than

14. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    There's a reason why California's known as the "Granola State." It's filled with fruits, flakes, and nuts.

15. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    You'd fit right in.

16. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    We have more of those than any other state. Also more of just about everything, from morons to Nobel Peace Prize winners, from contaminated sloughs to Yosemite Valley. I could go on but would only incite more invectives from the outer world.

Peace! Rest easy.

17. Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Are you guys trying to compete with Illinois for worst-in-the-nation status? ;)

18. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    No; we've already won.

:hurah:

19. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I'm sure every state has it's failures ... lets try to stick with the main topic here (the people lining up for Black Friday deals).

20. Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Oh? Check your PM. ;)