1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

CALL EXT 736- Directv TECH had no idea...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jamieh1, Jun 9, 2010.

1. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    Yesterday after the Directv DVR problem, one of my HDDVRs has been displaying call 736. on the ppv channels. I called Directv to get the automated system to fix it, it said my phone line was not connected. I do not use a phone line, im connected by broadband. Tech came on phone and kept me on hold 30 minutes. He kept telling me to plug the broadband connection into the phone jack, I kept telling him that it would not fit. After a while longer he said Im going to have your reciever call home. He said keep the phone lines clear for 30 mins. I said im not connected to a phone line, he said ok. Well he said if not cleared up in 2 weeks call back.

What a complete idiot. Come on Directv you can do better than that.

2. roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782 Icon

Sep 27, 2008
    I've also been told by Directv that when they send a request to your receiver to "call home" it can take up to 24 hours.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Wow. That is bad. But, is the DVR in question getting a proper connection to the Internet? Do TV Apps work etc?