1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call interruptions with HR20

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Paperboy2003, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paperboy2003

Paperboy2003 Mentor

Jul 3, 2006
    So suddenly (coincidentally it seems since around the time I got an HR20) many phone calls are interrupted by a break in on the call and dialing sounds.

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. RCinFLA

RCinFLA Legend

Oct 3, 2006
    If there is a PPV that was purchased prior, it can do this until it finally connects and registers the purchase.

If for some reason it can't connect (like require '9' to get outside line from PBX) it will go on for long time.

If you exceed the time/purchase dollar max, it won't let you buy another PPV until previous purchases are registered.

3. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Home alarm panels have the same issue at times. They are programed to dial out and give system info. When the software is goofed up your type condition develops. You can hope that unplugging it for long period or a quick RBR might cure it. But, if not you may have to replace the box.

4. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    You have any Tivo's? Non-Tivo boxes don't try to dial out if there is no dial tone. But I've had various Tivo's bust in while I'm on the phone to dial the Tivo mothership.

If you think it's the HR20 then unplug the HR20 for about 15 minutes. This will fully reset the modem. Then plug it back in. No fix, do the same thing with all your other receivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.