1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Caller ID not showing up

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by usnret, Jan 28, 2009.

1. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    I just installed a phone line on my HD22. I set notifications to ON. I called my home phone (land line) with my cell phone. The call showed up in the notification area but did not show on the tv screen. I assume that it is supposed to show on the screen isn't it. Am I assuming wrong or did I do something wrong?
    Tks

2. mikep554

mikep554 Legend

Feb 14, 2007
    Can you describe what the "notification area" is?

3. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    That is the area where a call is shown that came in, give the "who", "nr that called", etc.) I just checked and its call the "call log". My cell phone call showed up there but didnt show up realtime on the tv screen.

4. tomkarl

tomkarl Legend

Jan 6, 2009
    I've found the same thing. It still shows up when you go through the menu, but not on screen during the actual incoming call.

I've thought this to be one of the sort of works features since they added it.

5. wallfishman

wallfishman Icon

Dec 31, 2008
    just did a job with hd receiver and a d11 . caller id showed up on screen of the hd receiver tv, but not on the tv with the d11. notifications were on and phone test said ok. forced software download , nothing. whats going on ??

6. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    The CID message should pop up on the screen. Some phone service have problems with it once in a while. If it is still not working I would try doing a menu restart on the receiver and see if that helps. If not please report the issue in the issue for your receiver and what phone service you have.

BTW I am moving this to the "DIRECTV HD DVR" forum.

7. Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky Godfather

Feb 22, 2008
    Just my 2 cents but if your are in any menu, or on a screen saver, when the phone rings the notification will not pop up.

The notification also takes 2 or 3 rings prior to popping up.

8. rawilson

rawilson AllStar

Oct 9, 2007
    Ours hasn't worked for a couple of months now too. We've rebooted a few times (to keep the f'ing clock in sync) but still no CID. Nothing has changed as far as our phone service.

9. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Sometimes "static electricity buildup" can disable this CallerID Feature as well as your phone itself.

10. VaJim

VaJim Godfather

Jul 26, 2006
    Virginia...
    Has it worked before? If so, check the CID file where it keeps track of all the calls. It's suppose to clear them, but sometimes it doesn't.

11. mjbvideo

mjbvideo AllStar

Jan 15, 2006
    I had this problem on my HR21-100 ever since the last update in December. Restarts, reboots didn't fix it but downloading the software did fix it for me.

12. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    My phone line was hooked up the day after the DTV install/software download. Would this be the problem maybe?? My present phone service is road runner (TWC) and the Verizon people are supposed to be here today to install their DSL service. If it still doesn't work with the Verizon DSL, how does one go about "re downloading" the software??
    Tks

13. WestDC

WestDC DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    they will need to add a spliter or adapter to that line going to the box- Ask the installer about it.

14. colts19

colts19 Mentor

Feb 1, 2007
    Hi, I know this sounds backwards but you are suppose to have notifications set to off. just change it to off and it will work.

good is the enemy of great

15. fjcastro

fjcastro Mentor

Jan 29, 2007
    In other words, if it says "Turn Notifications Off", it means that the Notifications are currently on. Pretty confusing.

16. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    ummm. OK will try setting it that way then. Thank you.

17. colts19

colts19 Mentor

Feb 1, 2007
    your welcome.

good is the enemy of great

18. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    colts19 was right. I turned off notifications and the first call that I got, the ID came up (well, not exactly, just the nr). Thanks for the info. Wonder why the caller name doesn't come up though, just the nr??