1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Caller ID problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by larryah, Aug 14, 2012.

1. larryah

larryah AllStar

Jul 29, 2010
    I have two HR 24 -500's and having problems with one of them with caller ID.

It has worked fine for several months, and now it stops working and I have to do a soft reset to get it to work again. Works for a few days, and then the same deal. The one in the bedroom works fine.

Anyone seen this?

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Yes, repeatedly with both my HR24-500s. Caller ID comes and goes like the weather.

3. sabrewulf

sabrewulf Cool Member

Sep 4, 2011
    I have the same model and had this problem since we got it. Usually I unplug it and it works again. Sometimes all of a sudden it comes back then goes again. Just a bug this model has apparently.

4. shamus46

shamus46 Legend

Sep 29, 2002
    Same here.

5. jmpfaff

jmpfaff AllStar

Dec 12, 2004
    I have the same issue on an HR23-700, so I don't think it is model specific.

6. tritch

tritch Legend

Jan 15, 2008
    Porter, TX
    Same here.....the HR24-500 definitely has caller ID issues. Over the past few years, I've previously had a HR20-100, HR21-200 and HR22-100 w/ no caller ID problems at all.

Some sort of hardware/software issue because a reboot usually fixes it, but only temporarily. Directv has failed to address this problem with the HR24-500.

7. larcar

larcar AllStar

Sep 22, 2006
    I have the same problem also. Comes and goes. A reset will work for a day or 2 then gone again. Hopefully someday Directv will fix this but I won't hold my breath!

8. Mike Greer

Mike Greer Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Count me in also. I have 3 HR24-500s. The caller ID works fine one 1, sometimes on the 2nd and never on the 3rd. If I physically move them around the trouble stays with the receiver not the location.

It has been this way since day 1.