1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Caller ID Problems

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Bofurley, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Bofurley

Bofurley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    KS
    Last Wednesday my HR 34 Genie died, and was replaced with the HR 44Genie.
    Since then my caller ID is showing Unavailable, Unavailable (for name as well as phone number), up until this morning this only happened on incoming calls, the original incoming call would show the name and phone number that had called. Then while on the phone talking, the Unavailable notice would come up every minute!
    Then this morning when I checked the caller ID on the receiver, it had deleted all previous calls (25 default) with the message Unavailable - Unavailable, as well as every minute starting at 7:06 am today.
    Actually when I got up at 4:00 today, this message was all showing up, but then the message was for last night!I
    I shut off the caller ID early today so even when it is off, the caller ID is still sending the same message.
    I have talked to DTv's tech support, but on one seems to know what is causing this problem!

2. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
  3. Bofurley

Bofurley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    KS
    What ever was the problem fixed it's self!
    I shut off the caller id for a day, then turned it back on, and it has worked ever since.
    Thanks for your reply.

4. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    Let us know if it stays fixed. I'm trying that same solution now.

5. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    That solution seemed to work for about a half a day, but the ghost call notifications, when the line is use, have returned.

6. Bofurley

Bofurley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    KS
    I am sorry, but the .problem has returned, and it will work for a while then it will start over!

7. sabretooth02

sabretooth02 New Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Old thread I know. Try this.

Make sure your Directv phone line is plugged directly into the phone wall outlet. Do not use any surge protector or UPS phone protection jack.

8. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Let me guess, HR44-700? Caller ID works fine for my HR24-200, and it worked fine for my HR44-500 until it was swapped out for the -700 model.

I think there is something bordering the line of tolerance in the components that make up the modem that Pace used for their supplier.

Its like specific frequencies in the voice during a call are triggering the caller ID circuit that there is an incoming call, but when it checks the line there is no data so it just displays unavailable.

I see it more so during higher pitched voices. I see the simular thing with my wife's samsung note 4. Certain tones of woman's voice somehow trigger the phone to emit DTMF frequencies when on an LTE based call.

Its like theres some filtering that is just not quite right here. If its some poor performance capacitor or something, don't look for a software fix.