1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caller ID Stopped Working

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by scoutstang, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoutstang

scoutstang Cool Member

Jul 4, 2007
    About a month ago I noticed that the Caller ID Notification stopped working on my HR20.

I checked to make sure the phone jack that the HR20 is plugged into is working, and I checked to make sure the phone cord is plugged into the jack and the back of the receiver.

I also checked to make sure the Caller ID Notification is set to "On" in the Menu.

Any suggestions on what else I can try???

2. Dolfid

Dolfid AllStar

Jul 17, 2007
    Clear out the 25 calls you have and do a Restart Recorder - see if that gets it working again

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Mine's never worked more than 10% of the time.

4. Quija666

Quija666 Cool Member

Oct 25, 2007
    ive had a couple of cust with this problem and it turned out to be the rec maybe some help

5. Ramalama

Ramalama AllStar

May 2, 2007
    Interestingly enough the caller ID works about 99% of the time on my HR20 and about 1% of the time on my D11. I looked in the log file on one of the TVs and discovered that there were about a dozen calls that all took place supposedly at the same exact time on a date that predated our getting the receiver. I deleted all of them and they came back. Could be that was what got it working again, since it had gone through a period of not responding. All that said, about once a week, the phone itself fails to pick up the data, so it could be the caller or the phone company also.

6. scoutstang

scoutstang Cool Member

Jul 4, 2007

I just restarted the receiver, and now the Caller ID appears to be working.

Thanks for the tip, I don't know why I didn't think of that!

7. Sing1gniS

Sing1gniS Mentor

Jan 14, 2007
    Is there a way to clear the log all at once or do you have to do it one by one?

8. Dolfid

Dolfid AllStar

Jul 17, 2007
    One by one is the only way I know of - I'm running 0x1BE so they haven't fixed this apparent bug in the Caller ID function yet - unless one of the CE guys knows of a fix included in a later iteration of the firmware...

9. glennb

glennb Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    Couple of what? (cust)

It turned out to be the what? (rec)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.