1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caller ID using wireless phone jacks

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jacobp, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacobp

jacobp Legend

Dec 22, 2003
    Hello. I am relatively new to the HR20-700 after years of having the HR10-250. I must admit I like the HR20 a lot more than I thought I would.

I have 2 HR20s. I have a phone line connected directly from the phone jack to one of the HR20s and CID works fine.

On the other HR20, I am using one of those wireless phone jacks that have a transmitter connected to the phone jack and a receiver module connected to the HR20. This setup worked fine with the HR10-250, but on the HR20 I am not getting any CID functionality at all -- no popups and no logging of calls.

Is there a way to get this to work?

Thanks.

Jacob

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    I have wireless phone jacks and my CID has worked fine with them. Your problem may be elsewhere. Do you have a long enough phone cord to temporarily connect that HR20 to a wall jack? If so, try that and see if the problem is with the wireless phone jacks or the HR20. My guess is the HR20.

3. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I'm using wireless modem jacks and I'm getting CID working just fine. FWIW I'm using Phonex jacks.

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    As am I....

5. judson_west

judson_west Godfather

Jun 15, 2006
    My CID works too. I'm using RCA branded jacks. They were originally marketed to work with TiVo's.

6. jacobp

jacobp Legend

Dec 22, 2003
    I have the RCA branded jacks and I cannot get them to work. Maybe I'll try disconnecting and then reconnecting them.

7. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Again, I wouldn't assume the problme is with the phone jacks. Does it pass the phone test? If so, the problme is probably with the HR20. I would do what I suggested in post #2 to find out for sure.

8. jacobp

jacobp Legend

Dec 22, 2003
    Thanks. I did run a direct line to it and it was working fine with CID.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.