1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camelot on starz

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by camo, Apr 2, 2011.

1. camo

camo Godfather

Apr 15, 2010
    Opening series was very good. Worth watching if you have Starz. :biggthump

2. Jaspear

Jaspear Godfather

May 16, 2004
    I agree. I watched the truncated promo on DirecTV's 101 channel a few weeks ago, and was underwhelmed (Maybe it was the bright white "101" logo bug and the lower third graphics that kept popping up asking me to subscribe to Starz that ruined it for me.), but i really enjoyed the full show without all those distractions. I'm hooked.

3. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    We watched it tonight and enjoyed it very much. Certainly different than any preceding story of Arthur.

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    We to enjoyed it. My wife's a bit of a general whole Camelot, Merlin, Arthur, etc. fan and her main comment was "this is a different take on the story." Most of the basic story elements were there. I'm certain we'll watch the series.

5. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    So far it looks like it's basis is about halfway between the 1981 movie "Excalibur" (based on "Le Morte d'Arthur") and Someone's Imagination.

Different enough to be interesting. 'Same' enough to be comfortable.

6. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    In Excalibur isnt Morgana, Cornwall's daughter?

7. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    That is correct. THat's one of the differences - Igraine was Morgana's mother in Excalibur