1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Camping dish what's needed?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Maineac, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Maineac

Maineac New Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Mi
    I have an extra h21 receiver after upgrading to genie. I want a dish to go camping and have no idea what one to buy. I would like to get my Detroit locals and have HD. I think I had a 3 or 5lnb before they upgraded to swim one. Do I need a B band thing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

2. BobStokesbary

BobStokesbary Legend

Oct 24, 2010
    Just put "tailgating" in the search bar. This item has been answered many, many times. This will be faster for you.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You will need a Slimline dish with either a 3 or 5 LNB. The SWM version of these LNBs need a power inserter and no BBCs and a single cable to the receiver. The "legacy" version (four output) does not require a power inserter buy requires two cable to the HDDVR and a pair of BBCs

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Note that if you're camping more than a few hundred miles outside of Detroit you will no longer receive those local channels.

5. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Since the TS has an H21 he only needs one line from the legacy LNB.

6. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    And a bbc.

7. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Right on! dont know where the HDDVR came from.....