1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can 2 Hoppers

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by jdouthit, Mar 20, 2012.

1. jdouthit

jdouthit New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Have a question about the Hoppers.

1. If you have 2 Hoppers can either of the hoppers play from the other Hopper recorded programs or external hard drive?

2. Is the media player working at this time. The way I under it is I can play movies from a computer through the Hopper or Joey. What format does the movies have to be in. Can they be in TS-VOD format. Currently using a Sage Media Player to play the movies.

Thanks Again
    Jerry Douthitt

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    1. No
    2. Not yet

3. jdouthit

jdouthit New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Will the software upgrade this summer or when ever it is released allow the hoppers to talk to each other and be able to access the other hopper hard drive and EHD.

Thanks
    Jerry

4. Dpaluska

Dpaluska New Member

Mar 20, 2012
    It depends on how the system is installed. You can have it where everyone can see both hoppers and what's recorded on them.

5. txsrooster

txsrooster Cool Member

Mar 19, 2012
    If installed correctly and after the software update..if you have 2 hoppers and 2 joeys..will each joey have access to the combined 6 tuners?

6. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    I don't know at this time. I haven't been provided information as to what will be allowed/dis-allowed when the software update is released. As the information is available, I will update you. Thanks.