1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can 625 DVR Record OTA ABC Channel?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by marketinghelp, Mar 1, 2009.

1. marketinghelp

marketinghelp Mentor

Sep 9, 2006
    We currently have a Dish 625 DVR and the only way to watch ABC is by switching the TV to "DTV" and watching with our OTA antenna. Is it possible to record on the DVR what is playing on the OTA antenna? If so, how is that done? And can it be set to record?

Thanks!

2. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    It cannot be recored to the 625's hard drive because the the 625 does not have an OTA tuner. You need to get a 622 or 722 or 722k/w the ota module if you want to do what you are talking about.

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    No - the only recording the 625 can do is of channels received from satellite - i.e. there is no OTA tuner of any kind fitted to the 625. Now, if you are subscribing to your locals from Dish - then yes, you can record it.

4. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Sounds like the OP is in one of the Fisher markets. The ABC in Seattle is off Dish for now due to the dispute.

If the OP has an HDTV (he mentions swithching his TV to "DTV") it would be better for him to upgrade to a ViP DVR.

5. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Probably a KATU thing.

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Yeah - when I saw their location, I assumed it was a Fisher communications station... and their ongoing retrans dispute with Dish.