1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a broadband DECA be connected to a WET610N?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by dpeters11, May 26, 2010.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    The tech will be here soon, and last time he said he didn't know if it could be connected to a 610N. I can bring my router down, but hoping to avoid that.

I have DECA for MRV, this would just be for the fairly seldom used Internet connection (I don't do much On Demand and can wait for a chunk to download.)

2. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Yes, it works fine for the internet connection.

3. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    IIRC from the training documentation, if you ordered the internet connection along with the connected home install then the installer is supposed to run a new coax run to where the customer has their router as part of the install. S

Of course they would do that the easiest way, like via outside walls, if you want a wall fish they could charge extra for that.

4. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Yes the broadband DECA can be hooked up to powerline or wireless ethernet adapters if you don't have a coax line available near your internet router. It may slow down your On Demand, Media Share, or TV apps performance but it shouldn't influence MRV at all.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    The computer room is on the other side of the house, so would like to avoid that. Hoping this goes well. This is the third time for them coming out. First guy wouldn't install it at all because I made the mistake of not specifying it when I ordered, the second guy couldn't do it because all he had was regular DECAs and power inserters and they are requiring him to use the broadband deca. Also hoping it's the second tech, he reads DBSTalk :)

Couldn't see any reason that wouldn't work, but thanks for the confirmation.

Install is done, third tech. At first, he said he'd have to reschedule as he didn't have a broadband deca, they were at the warehouse. Like deja vu. I was able to convince him to try it though, I just had to tell him how to do it. Originally he told me to just use the second port on my DVR...but DECA with power injector is connected.