1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can a Default DVR for Recording be Specified on the DirecTV.com Website?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by nuspieds, Jul 27, 2014.

1. nuspieds

nuspieds Legend

Aug 9, 2008
    Hi,

When I use the DirecTV.com website to search for and record programs, it always lists my DVRs in alphabetical order by Location Name; thus, the first one is always selected by default.

But that DVR is not my preference and I'm always having to select my other DVR, so is there a way to set the default DVR? I searched but could not find anything, so before giving up, I thought I'd ask the fine folks here.

Thanks!

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I know you can set up the DirecTV® mobile apps with a default DVR, but I don't think you can do the same on the website

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Since the are is alphabetical order, you may be able to add an "a" to the desired receiver to make the default. Ex: aMaster Bedroom

4. nuspieds

nuspieds Legend

Aug 9, 2008
    Yeah, for the apps, it definitely allows you to specify the default but I haven't seen any such option for the website, either.

Oh well, as you suggested, time to do that location rename. ;)

Thanks!