1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a DP34 switch be combined with a DPP44 switch

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by spikor, Feb 8, 2009.

1. spikor

spikor AllStar

Aug 11, 2008
    Can a DP 34 Switch be combined with a DPP 44 switch? I know it will pick up 3 orbital positions only on the DP 34 vs 4 Orbital positions on the DPP 44 but IF I eventually switch all of my equipment over to the eastern arc satellites I will only need 3 orbital positions vs 4 orbital positions on the 1000.2 with the 77 wing. IF it can be done I can go up 8 receivers ( but I will probably will not go beyond 5 or 6 ) And when I am successful in getting a 922 w/sling later that will eliminate hookups I can go with the 922 in the living room ( front room) and my Bedroom and the 722 that I have now in bedroom # 2 and #3 and another single receiver in #4 but my nephews will eventually want their own and until I get a 922 and everything switched over to newer equipment I will probably need at least 5 to 6 hookups then I could eventually unhook the DP 34 and just stay with the DPP 44.

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Yes, it can. The lines from the dish need to feed the DPP44 switch first, then 3 lines from the DPP44 go to the DP34. Obviously, one of the orbital locations won't be available on the DP34, and you must run a separate line to each tuner that is connected to the DP34. Single lines to feed 2 tuners using a DPP Separator requires a DishProPLUS switch, like the DPP44.