1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can a Genie be activated on Choice XTRA Classic?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Rtm, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    Or do I need to change to a package that has the $25 advanced receiver fee?

I have HD, HD DVR, and Whole-Home right now.

2. Curtis0620

Curtis0620 Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    I have Choice Xtra Classic, so yes you can.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    The Advanced Receiver Fee is just a combination fee for new subscribers that includes the fees for HD ($10), DVR ($10), and Whole Home ($5). If you are an older subscriber and have separate line items for those charges (Whole Home would be $3 then), then they stay as separate line items. Your package will work fine with the Genie.

- Merg

4. lesz

lesz Legend

Aug 3, 2010
    I have the Choice Extra Classic package and got a Genie HR44 upgrade for one of my DVRs about 3 months ago. I was told by the CSR that the separate HD, DVR, and Whole Home fees totally $23 would have to be replaced by the single $25 Advanced Receiver Fee, but I was pleased to see that, in the invoices that I've received since getting the HR44, I've still been charged the 3 seperate fees.

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Receivers aren't linked to program packages. You should be good to go! And your tuner count will be eight, just right for a SWiM 8.