1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone recomend a wireless hd video transmitter?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by vid53, Jan 19, 2013.

1. vid53

vid53 Legend

Jan 8, 2006
    I am looking for a HD video transmitter unit that works well with the Directv genie DVR.

Thanks for any help

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
  3. unixguru

unixguru Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    I have been thinking of getting a Gefen based on my prior (excellent) experience with other Gefen products. It retails for around $250.

4. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    I installed the $180 Iogeer unit about a month and a half ago.

To be frank, I expected very little, but it has worked nearly perfectly. About once every other week the receiver needs to be unplugged from the wall wart. Performance wise, the picture is perfect and the sound is fine. I don't know there is not an HDMI cable connecting the TV.

I had 2 D* receivers to pick to connect, I used the closest, about 15 feet transmitting range, no walls or floors. (I really expected it to not work)

Works so well, I might put it on the second box, one floor down, about 20 feet away.

Had to use the wireless, TV is above a brick/cement fireplace structure, $$$ to hide the cabling was staggering.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    While they can work, fine, they are completely at the mercy of the reliability of a decent wireless signal, which can be challenging at the least.

6. Vin

Vin Legend

Mar 29, 2004