1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a HT magazine

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by Mr. Vega, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Mr. Vega

Mr. Vega Mentor

Jan 30, 2008
    i'm looking to get a subsription to a home theatre magazine. i found Home Theater Magazine, .83 and issue, and Sound & Vision for 1.20 an issue.

can anyone give their experience with either of these or any others. quality of articles, reviews of latest greatest products, and limited number of ads are what i'm looking for.

thanks

2. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule!

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Those two magazines and Stereophile all do a pretty good job. I'd suggest a visit to your library if they have magazine subscriptions, and look at several issues. You should then be able to get the general flavor of the magazines and be able to choose.

3. Mr. Vega

Mr. Vega Mentor

Jan 30, 2008
    i would be suprised if our library had them. about 2yrs ago there was no DVD medio or audio books on CD.

we have a Hastings, i'll give them a try.

4. Zamps

Zamps AllStar

Sep 17, 2006
    I subscribe to both of those magazines and think they are great. With S&V being slightly better than HT. You can usually find a good deal on subscriptions for either on.

5. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    You can find the deals on where?

6. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I subscribe to S&V, Home Theater, Home Entertainment, and Electronic House. I like them all for different reasons, but S&V and HT are the best.

HERE'S a link for a free subscription to S&V.

7. dave29

dave29 DIRECTV A-Team

Feb 18, 2007
    HT here......