1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can anyone set a remote record on a Series 2 directivo? Used to be able to w/ 6.4a

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by volkl, Dec 18, 2013.

1. volkl

volkl Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    I used to be able to set recordings remotely, but now the ios app and the 14 day guide from D* website only show that I can record to my HR21, and there seems no way to change to my Series 2 directivo, model DSR708.

Has this capability been removed?

-Volkl

2. crashHD

crashHD Godfather

Feb 29, 2008
    The website still gives me the option. All of my dvrs are still old tivos on 6.4a software. I set a recording for 20 minutes from now, we'll see if it works.

3. volkl

volkl Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    Finally figured the problem out.

When using the guide from the website, under 'Channels,' deselect the bottom check box option to 'hide duplicate SD channels.' Then select the SD channel number and episode, a pulldown box now appears that lets one specify which receiver to record to.

Wish this were designed better.

-Volkl