1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can delete Series Link

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jbrasure, Jun 26, 2008.

1. jbrasure

jbrasure Legend

Oct 8, 2006
    Hey Folks,

Earlier today I noticed that all of my Series Links were duplicated. Don't ask me how that happened, but I had 2 of each. Anyway, things got all messed up, so I decided to delete all the Series Links. However, there are 8 of them that I can't get rid of. These all happen to be Series Links that don't have any shows scheduled. Have you ever seen that? I just select the S/L in the list, press the red button, it asks if I want to delete, I say yes, and it never gets deleted. I tried pressing dash twice also, but that didn't work either.

Got any ideas?

2. jmp478

jmp478 New Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Have you tried resetting your receiver?

3. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    A menu reset cleared the duplicates for me, no other ill effects.

4. jbrasure

jbrasure Legend

Oct 8, 2006
    I tried resetting a couple of times, but that didn't help. I played around with it for another hour or so, and then finally did a full reset back to factory pristine condition. (It deleted all my favorites, and series links.)

5. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Somehow, your HDD got corrupted data which is why you needed to do a complete reset. Now that you have done this (and forfeited all your recorded shows and settings) it would be a good idea to REFORMAT your HDD. This is a simple process described elsewhere on this system. Good luck!