1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can ethernet of HR34 supply internet to Whole Home Setup via SWM?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by jtrain73, Dec 20, 2013.

1. jtrain73

jtrain73 AllStar

Sep 25, 2006
    I have: HR34, HR24, H24 and C31. Currently working and connected fine over single wire setup, each receiver can see each other and I have internet features on the coax network via a DECABB1R0 (small black box connected to my router and then a coax into the directv splitter).

However, I want to move some equipment around and where the DECABB1R0 is currently will no longer work. In the new setup, my HR34 will be right next to my internet router.

Can I simply plug an ethernet cable from my router into the HR34 to supply internet to the DirecTV coax network? Or do I need to get a 2-way DirecTV splitter and kepp the DECABB1R0 "in-line" to the HR34?

EDIT: After posting this question, I found the answer is YES I can use the ethernet port on the HR34 to bridge internet to the coax network as this link on SS: http://manuals.solidsignal.com/Coax%20Networking%20White%20Paper.pdf

2. Conway

Conway Legend

Oct 29, 2002
    Yes the HR34 has a built in deca.. simply plug in your ethernet cable from your router and the Genie will do the rest.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Agreed. Works great.