1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

can existing customers get Hopper for free?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by quietmouse, May 2, 2012.

1. quietmouse

quietmouse Guest

can existing customers get Hopper for free?

I have been a Dish customer for 3 years.

thanks!

2. domingos35

domingos35 Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    probably not

3. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Depends on the customer.
    Call in and find out.

4. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    100 bucks minimum.....

5. MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    Currently, existing customers will pay at least $100.00 for a Hopper upgrade and it can go as high as $449.00 for a single Hopper. You can always call but these are the upgrade requirements!

6. oldengineer

oldengineer Godfather

May 25, 2008
    I paid $200 for 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. My wife and I are retired, have totally different viewing tastes, and have a lot of time to watch TV. It was a very good investment for us.

7. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    I'm moving in a week. Will either go TWC for 3 months then get it free; or sign up my wife and presumably get it free. Haven't tried Cable for 5 or 6 years, maybe they've improved? :rolleyes:

edit: Just got a quote for TWC "bundle" with only 2 boxes (DVR/HD), and the total with Road Runner standard is higher than Hopper+2 Joeys... no new customer deal there! Looks like I'll stick with Dish!