1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can Genie c31/c41 be controlled with iPad app?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by chip85, Sep 16, 2013.

1. chip85

chip85 Cool Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Currently have two HR23's and use the iPad app to browse the guide and change channels on the dvrs. Have an upgrade scheduled to move to a Genie with two clients and wondered how they work with the iPad app.

thanks

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Just fine!

Enjoy.....

3. otaliema

otaliema AllStar

Aug 9, 2012
    Mid-west USA
    As lax said they will work fine.
    Just my personal going to a genie with two clients from you have is not really much of an upgrade as the mini's need to use one of the genie's to work so if both sub rooms are in use your genie can only record 2 shows and let you watch live.
    Personal rec is just add the Genie into your house as your third receiver and keep your exsisting DVR's you wont lose any of your recorded content and you can still access the play lists on each receiver with whole home dvr service. The tech can have the order changed at the house so you wont have to lose your install date, They might have to go get a bigger swim switch but that would be it.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yup, I second this. Keep the HDDVRs

5. chip85

chip85 Cool Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Thanks guys. I was worried as I had read that the mini's couldn't be controlled via ip. Problem with keeping my current dvr's is that they are failing. I have been second guessing and may end up keeping one of them. It would be nice if the installer would upgrade it.

6. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Show the installer some "love" to motivate him. he will replace them on a whim!

7. chip85

chip85 Cool Member

Sep 20, 2007
    So got the upgrade ...new genie, hr24 and two genie clients. When using the ipad app, I see no way to turn the clients on/off. Anyone know if this is possible?

8. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    So got the upgrade ...new genie, hr24 and two genie clients. When using the ipad app, I see no way to turn the clients on/off. Anyone know if this is possible?
    if there is a possible way, it should be under the settings of the DirecTV app

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

9. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Three parallel bars top left-> Settings-> Receiver control.

Enjoy!