1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I ask a burning question? (First Post)

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by fett, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fett

fett New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Hello all! My first post here after a lot of viewing..I have a question that's been killing me....Is this the 622 really worth all the constant bugs?? I'm a hardcore Tivo guy and I believe that a piece of equipment should always work right especially after a year of updates. Thanks for your feedback!

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    :welcome_s fett and interesting first post.

First off I moved it from the support forum since it is not really support specific and these type of questions are hard to address given the support forum rules.

Ok.. now on to your question.... First off i would say.. If you go to Tivo Community site do you hear tumbleweeds rolling through the forums or is it just people posting how they are not having any issues with their Tivos? I am not meaning to be harsh, but forums are where people that are having issues hang out. The people that are not, are sitting at home using their Tivos, 622 and other DVRs totally unaware of the pain people are talking about in our support forums.

As to the constant bugs comment.. Not sure what you mean without context. The 622 from my experience has been running smoothly in my environment. It does it job. Is there room for improvement? sure.. Does it have bugs.. Sure.. Does the Tivo have bugs. I would be willing to bet anyone lunch it does. All DVRs have bugs. Is the 622 a stable DVR solution. In my opinion from my experience yes it is.

I would not describe the 622 software experience as being in the constant bugs category so I think you might want to give more details around why you are asking this question and specifics to what issue you are concerned about?

3. kckucera

kckucera Legend

Jul 31, 2005
    Agree with Ron, having owned TIVO and 921 in the past I find my 622 to be far superior in many ways. Although I liked the TIVO interface the 622 has proved more stable than both in the short time (2 months) that I have owned it. No forced rebots, actually records when programmed etc. My only gripe is the priority programming conflict resolution is somewhat clumsy.

As Ron said this is the place where everyone gripes about problems, I did wait for a later generation of the 622 having been an early adopter for TIVO and 921 to my pain.

4. TiVoPrince

TiVoPrince AllStar

May 10, 2007
    HD TiVo broke
    DirecTV DVR replacement 'upgrade' caused much annoyance. VIP622 (x2) has TiVoPrincess smiling again. And as a bonus, I'm not sleeping in the yard during the rainy season...

5. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    I love my 622.

6. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    And that is due to what the software was written to do and is not a bug.

7. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    HDTIVO seems to be obsolete or will not get all the latest programming.

8. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
    THe 622 is the best damn DISH receiver I have ever owned. I have 3 on two accounts. Now finally, DISH is starting to add new features we really will love: external hard drive support and internet access for movies, music , etc. THey are also supposed to add native resolution support , which I am not sure or not we really will use. I read the DIRECTV boards and they say it slows the channel changes down considerably when they use it. BUT the future looks very good . I think with the 622 you are pretty much future proofed. The only way I might consider a newer receiver is if they start doing 1080p and I get a 1080p tv. From people I talked to last year at DISH , they are hoping to be the first sat company to broadcast in 1080p. The only thing I wish that they would of added was the ablility to record upto 4 things at a time 2 ota & 2 sat .

9. fett

fett New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Thanks for the feedback guys!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.