1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I ask a favor?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by mayguy, May 16, 2012.

1. mayguy

mayguy New Member

May 16, 2012
    We are looking into switching over to the new TiVo THR22 from DirecTV, and we are holding back since we are unable to find any info on this.

What I'm looking for to see if this box has CC (Closed Caption). I'm hard of hearing and need to use CC.

We are wondering if this has it built in to decode it and able to send it over to the tv over the HDMI cable.

So, can someone here turn on their CC and let me know if it does work. If you don't mind doing a video or photo of this, that would be great!!

We don't want to spend $500 on it and it does not do it, and we are forced to not use the HDMI cable.

Thank you!
    Jay

2. samrs

samrs MANC

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
  3. Heynonny

Heynonny Mentor

Jul 11, 2009
    I don't use CC so maybe I'm missing some subtlety in what you're asking, but I hit the Info, scrolled down to CC, Hit Enter and I see the text as expected.

junk.jpg

4. mayguy

mayguy New Member

May 16, 2012
    Thank you very much for doing this. I am taking it you are going though the HDMI cable right?

Am guessing there is something in the "Setting" section of the main menu to allow you set the text size and font?

5. midas69

midas69 AllStar

Jan 30, 2008
    Yes you can set text size, the font and foreground and background color, although the text size options are only normal, small and large.

6. Heynonny

Heynonny Mentor

Jul 11, 2009
    Yes.

7. mayguy

mayguy New Member

May 16, 2012
    Thanks for getting back to me. Now just need to talk about and order it.