1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I buy a Standard TIVO Box.........

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by pvm21, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvm21

pvm21 New Member

Sep 8, 2004
    ......and have my Sony HD300 feed into it for recording purposes? I just got the HD300 and really like it so I'm not interested in the new HD10-250 just yet.

But I'd like to add TIVO since I'm tired of wasting recordable DVDs every time I want to record a show or game.

What I'd like to do is just buy the Series2 TIVO and use it as my "VCR".......is this possible? Will it record HD channels in SD?............will it get's it's TV schedule from the Sony HD300?

Help!!!!!!!

THANKS

2. JJaret

JJaret Legend

Aug 25, 2004
    Yes, but of course the HD content will be downconverted to 480i. I used to use my Replaytv the same way before the HD-Tivo came out. The listings would come from Tivo via the overnight call. The only thing I don't know is whether Tivo provides listings for the Directv HD channels in order for you to record the programs. Replaytv did. The other problem you will have is that you will not be able to record the OTA channels via the Tivo.

3. pvm21

pvm21 New Member

Sep 8, 2004
    That's good to know.............one more question...........when I pick a show to record on the TIVO, will I need to also go to the menu on the Sony HD300 and tell that to record the same show so that it turns on? Or will the TIVO turn on the receiver and change the channel based on the IR hookup?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.