1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I connect my DVD/BD player via the output of D11-100?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Doom878, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Doom878

Doom878 AllStar

Sep 22, 2008
    I have an old tube TV for now with a D11-100 box. They are connected with RCA cables. The old TV only has one video out which is occupied by the D11. No RF because it broke off. Can I connect my DVD/BD player to the output of the D11 using the RCAs?

2. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Well you stated it incorrectly from what I gather.

You tv's rf input is broke off. The TV has 1 video "input" (not output) that the directv d11 is connected to.

I take it that your asking if the dvd/BD player can be connected in some manner to the D11 in order to still playback on the TV----the answer is NO.

You can buy a cheap composite a/v switcher that both the D11 and the DVD/BD player can connect to 2 of the inputs and the output of the switch connectes to the input on the tv to accomplish what your wanting to do.

3. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    No, the output of the D11 is an OUTPUT, it wont accept any INPUT from your DVD player. You would need a switch box to select either the D11 or the DVD player to go to your one input on the TV.

4. Doom878

Doom878 AllStar

Sep 22, 2008
    What's the point of the 2nd set of RCA connections?

5. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Well there are several reasons.

One output to the tv, the other output can be connected to vcr or dvd recorder, or even a PC for that matter for program recording/archiving.

Or

Take the second set of outputs for music playback on a whole house music system.

Those are just 2 examples......

6. moghedien

moghedien Legend

Dec 3, 2007
  7. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    Am I the only one here wondering why someone is trying to connect a Blue Ray player to an old tube tv with a broken-off composite input?

8. Smooth Jazzer

Smooth Jazzer Legend

Sep 4, 2007

9. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think it's the RF input that's broken off. But I'm so confused about inputs being referred to outputs and other terminology translations that I'm hopelessy lost and can't offer any suggestions other than "buy a new TV".... :p