1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Do This With Direct?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by olguy, May 13, 2010.

1. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    We're thinking about switching to Direct for the MRV. We currently have 2 622s. The one in the bedroom is connected to the bedroom TV via component. There is an HDMI running through the wall to another TV. My wife is the only one that watches either of those and obviously, in spite of what our 4 sons used to believe, she can't be in 2 rooms at once so only one set at a time is on. The other is connected to only one TV. Will I be able to do that with Direct?

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    If you mean DirecTV, yes.

3. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    Well, paaardon me. Of course I meant DirecTV. And for what it's worth, I was a DirecTV subscriber before you.

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I think he was alluding to the fact that you said "Direct" and not "DirecTV". :)

And between your first and last sentences you were mentioning your use of Dish equipment.

How long you've been a DirecTV subscriber is irrelevant.

5. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    I know what he was talking about and yes I mentioned Dish because I am currently a Dish subscriber. And if time as a DirecTV subscriber is irrelevant, why do both of you include it in your signature? Should I add to my signature DirecTV sub 1998 - 2004, Dish sub 2004 - now? It's not in my sig because I truly believe it is irrelevant but I couldn't resist when he asked if I meant DirecTV. Is there another sat provider named Direct that I could possibly have been talking about?

6. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    The satellite provider is DirecTV NOT Direct.
    But, at least you didn't say D*, which would have been a bit more correct, sort of.:)

BTW, you seem to like to shout out everything you have in your signature. :D

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    If you are asking if you can use more than 1 output at a time with the DirecTV HD DVR's then the answer is yes. They, of course, would be outputting the same signal however.