1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Can I flip between tuners on HR34

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by STEVED21, May 16, 2013.

1. STEVED21

STEVED21 Godfather

Feb 6, 2006
    Sorry if this is out there. Can you flip through the tuners on the HR34 like we do on the other HRs?

Thanks

2. say-what

say-what DIRECTV A-Team

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    You can only flip between 2 tuners just like on the other HR's

3. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Which two ??

1 and 5 ?

3 and 2 ?

:sure: (just funnin' ya)

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    actually is 3 and 1… :hurah:

no is random… but I know you knew that :righton:

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    The Genie's all support dual buffers, like all the D* dvrs, but they dont support penta-buffers :lol:

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I don't know what you are wanting to do but couldn't you start all the channels you wanted to recording ? Then you could switch to each one. I have tried this with my HR23 and it allows me to switch between the 2 recordings without having to pause or stop them and when I come back I am in the same place as I was when I left it.
    Would that work for what you are trying to do ?

7. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    You would have to select the recording and play it in order to "switch to each one". But yes, you could certainly do that.

8. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I know that when you are watching a recorded show and if I press the number "2" on the remote by mistake, the receiver will change to that channel of course, but by pressing previous I can go back to the recording. not sure if this "trick" works for two recordings as jimmie said on his post.