1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I get the NFLST RZ without getting DTV TV?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by saleen351, Aug 12, 2010.

1. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    I miss my DTV but I moved into a condo and I have no line of sight, so this is my 1st year without DTV. I pray each day comcrap is bought out by DTV but until that happens I need my NFST, go jets..

So can I order just the NFLST put no dish up and just use the internet? I figured it won't look great but I can output it via my mac mini on my big screen and I won't have to go to a bar to watch.

How much would this cost and has anyone done this? How bad will the games look on my 61" tv? I don't really care, I only need to see my jets play but are they now streaming HD?

2. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Nope, you need to have DTV and Sunday Ticket to get the internet To-Go package. Doesn't your Comcast have a Redzone channel as part of their Sports Package?

3. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    I don't mind getting DTV, it just won't be hooked up.

Plan B might be to get DTV NFST and every sunday run a very long line out to my parking lot to get line of sight. I wonder how long it would last until they evict me. lol

4. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    If you live in Fort Lauderdale, FL...NFL RedZone is on channel 743 via Comcast.

5. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    I've read a couple articles suggesting that NFL Sunday Ticket online will be offered through DirecTV for those who cannot get a line-of-site this year. I'm not sure if the online portion includes Red Zone Channel or not but Comcast does offer Red Zone Channel in HD.

6. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    If you can get cable, you might be able get NFL RZ channel in their sports pack. If you want the full NFL ST package and you have line of site issues with putting in a dish, you might be able to buy the internet version. I don't think the package or pricing has been announced, but here is an article discussing it [link].

7. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006

THAT'S AWESOME! I would lend out my online access to my buddy each year and he said the quality when put a 42" tv wasn't great but do able. Mine is 61" but I don't care, I just want to see my boys. Thanks for posting!

8. ATARI

ATARI Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2007
    I wish D* would offer the RZ without having to purchase the NFLST.

9. pappy97

pappy97 Icon

Nov 14, 2009
    Have you tried getting standalone RZ? There is a whole thread on it, including people with proof they are getting it for this season.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=177934&page=17

10. ATARI

ATARI Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2007