1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I test with an old rca rec..

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by needsomehelp, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. needsomehelp

needsomehelp AllStar

May 13, 2005
    I have 2 receivers registered with directv, and now i want to test a 3rd line. The receiver i want to use is an old rca unit that i haven't used in years. Do I have to register this unit with directv if i am only going to use it for testing purposes. I am planning to buy a HDTV unit and will then move one of my newer tivo receivers into the 3rd location. Or if there is a better way please let me know.
    thanks...

2. Jon Ellis

Jon Ellis Godfather

Dec 28, 2003
    You should be able to test the signal strength and access the program guide, but you'll only get the PPV preview channel and maybe some other info channels. That should be fine for testing purposes.

We have an old RCA pizza-box style receiver still in use up at the family cabin. It was out of service awhile and they needed to send a new card before it could be authorized for programming.

3. needsomehelp

needsomehelp AllStar

May 13, 2005
    Thanks, that is exactly what i am trying to test, just need to see if i can get reception thru my PC. Using the TV tuner card. Sey

Test worked out fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.