1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

can i use this receiver

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by milwvideo, Feb 14, 2009.

1. milwvideo

milwvideo New Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I have the older Dish 500 setup with the DUAL lnbf on it. Can I upgrade the receiver to the 322 for 2 outputs with the sw64 or 2 sw32 or do I have tho switch to the TWIN?

Thanks for the help.

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    You would be far better off using a DishProPLUS Twin, as you can feed both tuners of the 322 from a single line from the LNB. The LNB will support 2 receivers.

3. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    It's quite unclear what you have on the dish now, and you don't mention your existing receiver. The original Dish 500 had 2 dual LNBFs running through 1 or 2 SW21 switches for 1 or 2 tuners. Later came the Twin which put the LNBFs and switch in one assembly, followed by DishPro and DP Plus variants.

If you're replacing a single-tuner receiver with the 322, you will need to run another line just like the first. No need to replace anything as long as the LNBFs are Duals and not Singles, or if you actually have a Twin, but you may need another SW21.

No SW64 or SW44 needed unless you need more than 2 tuner outputs. There is no SW32.

Now that we've got all that explained, post #2 is the better long-term solution.

4. milwvideo

milwvideo New Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Thanks for the replies. Th system I wish to upgrade has the older 3000 series receiver on it. We want to upgrade this system at the lowest cost possible. All that has to be done is either add another sw21 switch, or go to the sw62. All I would need to do is add the second line from the connector at ground level to the new receiver. Are there any other suggestions on how to do this?

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    You'd need a second SW21 switch and would need a second cable running to the 322.

Still, the DPP Twin would be more reliable in the long run.

6. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    And not too much more than buying another SW-21, definitely easier than running a second cable as long as you have the separator that should come with the 322.:)