1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can it work???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by uslimey, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uslimey

uslimey AllStar

Mar 13, 2006
    I gave my son my old 40-hour Tivo as I had paid a lifetime subscription. (I got the R15 !!!!!) He had it working well with cable but this weekend he moved in with a roommate with Directv already there. He can only get a channel to record if he sets the tv channel on the television. Question - can this particular Tivo stand alone with Directv? I will not recommend the R15 just yet. Thanks!

Sue:confused:

2. ApK

ApK Icon

Mar 6, 2006
    Certainly. I use my SA 40 hour series 2 Tivo with my D11 Direct TV receiver.

Sounds like it's not hooked up right, as you should NEVER be changing channels on the TELEVISION with DirectTV, only on the reciever.

Understand that the Tivo needs to be connected to a reciever and it, the Tivo, will change the channel on the receiver as it needs to.

If you had previous had only BASIC cable, with no box, and the cable wire hooked right to the tivo, don;t expect it to work that way anymore.

The Tivo's setup has settings for all current recievers.

A call to Tivo support will probably get you set up in a jiffy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.