1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Showtime&Starz be added for $12.99 on an older package?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Rtm, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    Online it told me I couldn't add without changing my package and it didn't tell me if it would reveal my new price per month or if it would just change my package I just had the option to click ok.

I wanted to add the $12.99 Showtime&Starz but it wouldn't let me add that or Showtime for $12.99 without a package change.

I called and the automated system added showtime for $12.99 without changing my package but I wanted the one with Starz is that available on my current package (attached below) by talking to a CSR and not changing packages?

Attached Files:

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Yes, the CSR can add/drop any subscription on your current base package without requiring you to change packages. Just call and talk to a real person.

3. heidic

heidic Cool Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I have a grandfathered package and I add and drop premium channels (including the buy one/ get one free deals) all the time... I just have to call in and ask a rep to do it. It's a little more hassle, but it also gives you the opportunity to hear about promotions that you might not otherwise know you are eligible for. For example, I called in recently to ask a question related to my HBO service and was told I was eligible for 3 months of free Showtime. So that was a nice bonus.

4. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks

5. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    Is it only 12.99 for both for 3 months because from the commercial and website I was under the impression it was permanent, I signed in it says $24.99 I called back the lady said that it would show up a credit on the bill?

6. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    A credit for 11.01 will show up on your account.